- 4 cups water
- 2 cups uncooked white rice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 bunch green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 (14 ounce) package firm tofu, drained and cubed
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon hot chile paste
- 1 head iceberg lettuce leaves, separated
- In a saucepan combine the water and rice. Bring to a boil, cover, and reduce heat to a simmer. Simmer for 20 minutes, until water is absorbed. Set aside and keep warm.
- Heat oil in a wok over medium-high heat. Cook the pork, green onions, and garlic for 5 to 7 minutes, or until lightly brown. Add the tofu, carrot, Hoisin, and soy sauce, stirring frequently until heated through. Remove from heat, and stir in the sesame oil and chile paste.
- To serve: spoon a small amount of rice into each lettuce leaf, top with the stir-fry mixture, and drizzle with additional soy sauce or hoisin, if desired. Wrap the lettuce leaf to enclose the filling.