- 3/4 pound Certified Angus Beef ® ground chuck
- 1/4 pound bulk sweet Italian sausage (skin removed)
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh flat-leaf Italian parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a large mixing bowl combine beef, sausage, bread crumbs, Parmesan, garlic, egg, parsley, oregano, salt and pepper by hand.
- Form into 16 meatballs approximately 1 1/2-inch in diameter (can be made a day ahead, stored in refrigerator). Coat bottom of a 9 x 12-inch baking dish with tomato sauce and line with meatballs.
- Bake uncovered for 20 minutes. Turn each meatball upside down and bake an additional 10-15 minutes. Use an instant read thermometer to confirm meatballs are fully cooked. (160° F internal temperature)
Fat: 23 g
Saturated Fat: 10 g
Cholesterol: 132 mg
Carbohydrate: 16 g
Dietary Fiber: 2 g
Protein: 29 g
Sodium: 1196 mg
Iron: 20% of Daily Value