- 1 (4-pound) Certified Angus Beef ® top round roast
- 4 teaspoons dried oregano
- 4 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons crushed dried rosemary
- 2 teaspoons coarse kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Combine all ingredients and rub evenly on roast. Place roast in a shallow roasting pan fitted with a rack. Roast for 15 minutes, then reduce oven to 325°F. Roast approximately 1 hour for medium doneness (135-140°F).
- Remove from oven, tent loosely with foil, and let rest 15 minutes before carving thinly against the grain.