- 5 pounds pork shoulder roast
- 1 tablespoon Montreal-style steak seasoning, divided
- 3 pounds boneless pork ribs
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon dried chipotle chili pepper
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon liquid smoke flavoring
- 2 (18 ounce) bottles barbeque sauce (such as Sweet Baby Ray’s®)
- 1 cup water, or more as needed
- Season pork roast with half the steak seasoning and place in the center of a slow cooker. Layer about half the pork rib meat around pork roast and season with about half the remaining steak seasoning, paprika, and chili pepper. Layer the remaining pork ribs in the slower and season with the remaining steak seasoning. Add soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, and liquid smoke.
- Slowly pour water over pork, being careful not to wash away the seasoning.
- Cook on Low for 10 hours. Transfer meat to a roasting pan; remove and discard any bones and large chunks of fat. Shred pork with tongs or forks.
- Drain and discard liquid from slow cooker; wipe away any remaining fat. Return shredded pork to slow cooker and add about 1 1/2 bottles barbeque sauce. Stir. Continue to heat on Low until ready to serve. Serve with remaining 1/2 bottle barbeque sauce.