- 1 (3-pound) Certified Angus Beef ® New York strip roast
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 450ºF. Place roast, fat side up, in roasting pan fitted with rack. Rub roast with olive oil and season all sides with salt and pepper.
- Place in oven for about 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 325ºF and continue cooking approximately 1 1/4 hours for medium doneness (135-140°F on thermometer).
- Loosely tent roast with foil and let stand 10 minutes. Slice roast across the grain.