- 1-1 1/2 pounds Certified Angus Beef ® top round steaks, thinly sliced to 1/8 – 1/4-inch
- 2 cups breadcrumbs
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed (or minced and smashed with side of knife)
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper, divided
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- Oil for frying
- Lightly pound steaks to tenderize and create uniform 1/8-inch thick cutlets. Lay steaks on a sheet pan and season on both sides with half the salt and pepper. Place breadcrumbs in casserole pan and mixed with the other half of salt and pepper. In a medium mixing bowl beat eggs with the garlic.
- Fill a high-sided skillet with about 1/2-inch of oil and heat over medium-high heat (360°F).
- Dust steaks with flour, dip in eggs and then into breadcrumbs. Make sure steaks are fully coated, pressing into breadcrumbs if necessary.
- Fry on each side for 2 – 3 minutes or until golden brown. Set on cooling rack or plate with paper towels to avoid excess oil.