- 2 pounds Certified Angus Beef ® bottom round roast, cut in 1/2-inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2-3 tablespoons vegetable or canola oil
- 2 (10-ounce) cans diced tomatoes with green chili
- Could be served over rice, in tacos or burritos
- Pat cubed beef dry with paper towels. Combine flour, chili powder, salt, pepper and cumin; set aside.
- Heat oil in heavy-bottom pan. Sear cubes over medium-high heat in batches until browned.
- Stir in reserved flour blend and tomatoes.
- Transfer beef and tomato mixture to slow cooker. Cook for 3 hours on high.